Join Jaya Malani on November 5th or 19th November for a full day’s session covering everything Indian! From demystifying Indian spices, understanding the best places to source them, to using them from scratch to prepare a medley of delicious, yet healthy Indian dishes using quality, locally-sourced ingredients.
You will learn to master a starter with an accompanying dip or chutney, followed by a main course curry, a side dish and a main course accompaniment such as a whole meal paratha (Indian bread) or a rice based dish.
Examples of dishes that you may learn from scratch include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Paneer Tikkas (indian cooking cheese)
- Lamb Mince Kebabs
- Chicken Reshmi Tikkas
- Spinach Bhajjis
- Coriander & mint dip
- Tamarind & Jaggery chutney
- Coconut chutney
Non vegetarian curries
- Home style chicken curry
- Lamb mince and peas curry
- Lamb with lentils and potato curry
- Fish in tamarind curry
- Goan chicken curry
- Chicken chettinad Methi Gosht (Lamb with fenugreek)
- Palak chicken (Chicken with spinach)
- Prawn in aubergine curry
- Chola (chickpea) curry
- Tadka dal Aubergine with coconut curry
- Bharwa Bhindi
- Palak paneer (spinach with paneer)
- Malai Kofta
Wholemeal breads, such as parathas and chapatis and rice-based dishes like vegetable pulao.
It’s a really fun class with the lovely Jaya, who is very down to earth yet truly inspirational.