1.1 The Limpsfield Cookery School (“LCS”) including the services we offer through it, is owned by Jacqueline Derbyshire (“LCS” “we”, “us” or “our” as appropriate). We make The Limpsfield Cookery School available through a variety of channels, including the website at www.thelimpsfieldcookeryschool.co.uk (“Limpsfield Cookery School Site”).
1.2 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is LCS.
2.1 The information we collect on The Limpsfield Cookery School and the way we use that information includes the following:
When creating an account and joining the The Limpsfield Cookery School community, we collect:· Your e-mail address – this is not displayed publicly on the Limpsfiled Cookery School.
We use this information to:
– manage and communicate with you about your access to, or use of, The Limpsfield Cookery School, as well as to inform you of updates to your account on LCS. Examples include notification from us when: you receive a response to your posting or when updates have been made to the content you are following;
– send you newsletters from time to time containing news about special offers and giveaways on products or surveys or informing you about services that are closely connected to LCS unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive these emails at the time you enter your details on the sign up page for the LCS Site. We also collect your email for this purpose when you sign up to our newsletters at “About Us – Newsletter”. If you wish to stop receiving these newsletters or e-alerts, you can do so at any time, by following the instructions to unsubscribe from LCS emails.
– ask you about your LCS successes (e.g. if you have posted a popular recipe, whether you enjoyed any products or courses and events that you have ordered, if you have received helpful responses to queries that you have posted on the site). Any responses to such requests will be purely on a voluntary basis;
– reply to any correspondence sent to us;
– allow you to participate in discussion forums and post content to LCS; and
– for any other reasonable purposes related to LCS or your membership.
Your username – we ask you to provide a username by which you can be identified publicly. Please note that your username should not feature your last name or contain any other personal information that could be used to identify you (e.g. your address).
If your username with Facebook (or any other third party authentication provider) contains personal information, we recommend you do not use such third party facilities to link to LCS and instead create an account in the standard way. We reserve the right to reject usernames that are offensive, defamatory or which we otherwise think are unsuitable.
If you choose to create a LCS account using Facebook Connect (or any other authentication provider), we are furnished with profile and photo data about you through their application programming interface (API). We use this to create your account and allow you to interact with LCS. By clicking on the authentication providers’ link, you are consenting to share this information with us.
If you place an order or reserve a table using the LCS Site, we collect:
– Your e-mail address – this is not displayed publicly on LCS We use this information to:
– manage and communicate with you about the orders you place or tables you reserve with LCS including sending relevant documents and correspondence to your email address.
Your full name, a contact telephone number and, optionally for table reservations, your address – these are not displayed publicly on LCS. We use this information to:
– identify and contact you about orders that you place with LCS or tables you reserve.
If you place an order using the LCS Site, we also collect:
Your billing address – this is not displayed publicly on LCS. We use this information to:
– authorise and approve your payments for orders that you place.Your delivery address – this is not displayed publicly on LCS. We use this information to:
– arrange delivery for your ordered products.
If your order is for an event or cookery course, we also collect:
The names and email addresses of the attendees you wish to invite. We will not use these details for any purpose other than to email the attendees with information relating to the event or cookery course that you have ordered. If you post information during use of LCS, we collect:
If you order a gift voucher when using the LCS Site, we collect:
Your friend’s name and e-mail address. We will not use these details for any purpose other than to send them a gift voucher code.When you submit a query using our feedback webform, we collect:
Your e-mail address – providing this is entirely optional and you do not need to provide it in order to submit feedback to us using the webform. Your e-mail address will not be displayed publicly on LCS. We use this information to respond to your query. We will not use your e-mail address to send you marketing communications or pass it on to third parties without your permission when you submit it using our feedback webform.
Your internet browser and its version number. We use this information to provide an up-to-date and compatible service and to assist us diagnose any problems should your query be of a technical nature.
3 HOW ELSE MAY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
4 INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
4.1 We share your personal information with third parties for the purpose of managing and administering the accounts and services provided to you through the LCS Site. We may further share and disclose this information with other services that we provide or third party sites that are affiliated to LCS (“Sister Services”) in order to better integrate those services with LCS
4.2 We do not sell or rent your personal information. We may, however, disclose information about you to the following, for the express purposes set out below:
If you create an account with LCS:
– to our employees and agents for them to administer any accounts or services provided to you through the site. e.g. the sending of e-alerts on our behalf.
– to our Sister Services and their employees and agents for them to administer the shared login functionality and for them to better integrate their services with LCS.
If you place an order:
– to our employees and agents for them to administer and execute orders that you place and to provide support services in connection with LCS, for example returns and cancellation services;
– to Royal Mail and Parcelforce, to administer the delivery service for the orders that you place; and
– if you order via the LCS Site, to Paypal so that we can determine whether or not to accept your order. In particular, Paypal will check the contact and card details you have given against details held by your card issuer to ensure the payment details given are correct. If there is any anomaly with the details that you have provided, then Paypal may keep a record of the use of that card for the purpose of future security checks. This helps to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions.
If you reserve a table:
– to our employees and agents for them to administer table reservations that you make;
– to LCS and their employees and agents for them to provide the table reservation service.
If you post content:
– as a member you are publicly identified to other users of LCS by your username. We therefore recommend that you do not use your real name as your username or provide any other personally identifiable information on the publicly viewable site, like your name or contact details;
– we may display some information that is publicly available on LCS on third party services and platforms that are closely connected to the LCS project and other third party sites such as Facebook and Twitter that wish to embed LCS activity. So, by way of example, user generated content such as forum thread titles, latest questions and answers and listings would be displayed on such third party sites with a link back to LCS. To the extent that usernames or personal information is included in that user generated content on LCS, it may be displayed on such third party sites. So for example if a listing included a username or a member’s photo, that information may also be displayed on the third party website. Just to be clear, this information will be embedded on any such third party website as a link;
– we may display some information that is publicly available on LCS in the regular newsletters that are emailed to all registered users on the LCS mailing list.
Transfer of business:
– Apart from the use and sharing of your personal information in the limited circumstances already described, the only ways we may share your information are if we need to disclose personal information to protect our and our licensors’ rights and property or to comply with any applicable law or valid legal process.
5 PAYMENT PROCESSING
5.1 We do not store credit / debit card details or any other personal financial information within our online payment system. The information you provide for payment purposes is logged and processed securely for the purposes of online transactions using PAYPAL Website Payments Pro – our payment gateway provider. This means that we do not hold on our servers any of your financial details. PAYPAL Website Payments Pro is a secure online payment gateway that processes card payments and transactions in a secure host environment.
5.2 Whilst we do not hold or store any customer financial details within our systems, there may be certain cases where we are required, for the purposes of fraud prevention or the manual entry of credit/debit card transactions for example, to review your financial details within PAYPAL Website Payments Pro. In these instances, our internal policy for non-storage of online customer financial details requires that only approved employees may access the PAYPAL Website Payments Pro service and that usage of the service should be limited in regard to that of the current enquiry only.
All other payments
We do store Credit/Debit card data for the purpose of taking payments where students have requested to pay in installments and are not paying online.
All data is stored securely in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCIDSS).
6 USING INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER LCS MEMBERS
6.1 You should avoid sharing any personal information including contact information with any other LCS Members. If you intend to share any such information, please exercise the same level of caution as you would dealing with a stranger. Never give any personal information to anyone until you are confident that it is safe to do so. You should in any event only reveal such personal information via secure communications that cannot be viewed by other people. You must treat any personal information that you receive from other LCS Members as private, confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Member provides it to you unless that Member indicates to you otherwise.
7 AGGREGATED INFORMATION
7.1We may share non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to LCS and traffic patterns with third parties. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity; it just gives generalised information about the users of LCS.
Cookies and log files
8.1 While on LCS certain information is automatically logged about how you are using LCS. This information may include the URL of the website which linked you to this Site, your IP address and the pages you visit while on LCS. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the internet. We keep a record of each user’s activity by reference to the IP address of the internet connection(s) they use to access LCS. These logs enable us to prevent users who breach the rules of the LCS community set out in our Terms and Conditions of Use and Sale by refusing communications from their IP addresses to the website. If you are concerned that we have blocked an IP address that you use to access LCS in error, please email us at email@example.com
8.2 Like many websites we may use a feature called a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. It allows us to recognise you as a user when you return to LCS using the same device and web browser. We use the cookies (including some provided to us through Google Analytics and Clicky) and other automatically tracked information to:
– store login details. For example, to authenticate you as a user when you log in
– personalise your experience on LCS
– track visitors to LCS to analyse performance and usage of LCS, in order to develop LCS in accordance with visitors’ requirements;
8.3 You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your device. This may reduce functionality of LCS and may mean that certain features or content will not be available to you. Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your device can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org under the ‘manage cookies’ section. Alternatively go to the help menu within your internet browser.
10 HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
10.2 As required by the UK Data Protection laws, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access. In particular, we use the Message-Digest algorithm 5 (MD5) to encrypt your password. We also use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt all our check-out pages. SSL and MD5 encrypt the information you provide as it travels through the Internet. Encryption creates billions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on the website, so your password or information cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet. Despite using this technology, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing on-line and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
10.3 If you have any concerns about security, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDITING YOUR SETTINGS AND UNSUBSCRIBING FROM LCS EMAILS
11.1 You can click the unsubscribe link included in an email to stop receiving e-alerts or newsletters from us.
12 ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
12.1 You can access and edit information provided in your profile, recipes and blogs only via the LCS Site. You cannot edit comments made to the forum, your questions or answers or comments made to other users.Your right to see your personal information
12.2 Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of LCS or through any communications that you have had with us. You will need to provide us with a written request and pay a small fee. If you have any queries about your right or wish to make such a request please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by post addressed to the Data Protection Officer,The Old Printworks, High Street, Limpsfield, RH8 0DR.
12.3 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by choosing certain options on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address provided in clause 12.2.
13 TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE EEA
13.1 Your personal information may be transferred to, stored at, or processed at a destination outside the EEA. It may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
15 CONTACT US
15.1 The Limpsfield Cookery School is owned by Jacqueline Derbyshire, care of The Old Printworks, High Street, Limpsfield, Surrey, RH8 0DR