The Limpsfield Cookery School (“LCS”) has a website www.thelimpsfieldcookeryschool.co.uk offering cookery courses, together with dining experiences and other food information and recipes, together with all and any other such services as LCS may feature on its web site from time to time (the “Site”).
BEFORE BOOKING AN EVENT OR COURSE PLEASE READ SECTIONS 11 and 12 FOR OUR CANCELLATION POLICY AND TRAVEL INSURANCE NOTICE.
1. Conduct1.1 You acknowledge that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not LCS are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Site. LCS does not control the Content posted via the Site and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You acknowledge that by using the Site, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will LCS be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Site.
1.2 LCS is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, parents who wish to allow their children access to the Site should supervise their access to the Site. By allowing your child access to the Site, they will be able to access all of the Sites including, email, message boards, instant messages and chat. Please remember that the Site is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, as the legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether any of the Sites and/or Content are appropriate for your child.
1.3 You agree to not use the Site to:
a. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
b. harm minors in any way;
c. impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
d. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site;
e. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
f. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, design right, database right or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
g. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping rooms) that are designated for such purpose;
h. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
i. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
j. interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
k. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law or regulation including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by any securities exchange;
l. “stalk” or otherwise harass another; or
m. collect or store personal data about other users.
1.4 Whilst LCS shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Site does not feature offensive, indecent or objectionable Content, you acknowledge that LCS does not pre-screen Content, and that LCS and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Site. LCS and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by LCS or submitted to LCS including without limitation information in Message Boards, and in all other parts of the Site.
1.5 You acknowledge and agree that LCS may preserve Content and may also disclose Content: (a) if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that any such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce the Terms and Conditions; (d) to respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of LCS its users and the public.
2. IndemnityYou agree to indemnify and hold LCS and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders and other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Site, your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
3. No Resale Of SiteYou agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site.
4. TerminationYou agree that LCS, in its sole discretion, may terminate your use of the Site, and remove and discard any Content within the Site, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if LCS believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Terms and Conditions. Further, you agree that LCS shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Site. LCS reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that LCS shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
5. Dealings With Third PartiesYour correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers and merchants found on or through the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or Sites, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser or merchant. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that: (a) LCS shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers and merchants on the Site, and (b) any orders placed by you on, and any product specifications and product availability appearing on, the Site are subject to confirmation by, and the terms and conditions of business of, the relevant Merchant.
6. LinksThe Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because LCS has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that LCS is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that LCS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or Sites available on or through any such site or resource.
7. Intellectual Property Rights7.1 You acknowledge and agree that the Site and any necessary software used in connection with the Site (“Software”) contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Site or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, Site marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorised by LCS or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Site or the Software, in whole or in part.
7.2 LCS grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and licence to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicence, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorised access to the Site. You agree not to access the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by LCS for use in accessing the Site.
8. DisclaimersYou expressly acknowledge and agree that:
8.1 Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, LCS expressly disclaims all warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to any implied term of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, and any term as to the provision of Sites to a standard of reasonable care and skill.
8.2 LCS makes no warranty or representation that (i) the Site will meet your requirements, (ii) the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the content will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, Sites, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Site will meet your expectations.
8.3 Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
8.4 No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from LCS or through or from the Site shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in the Terms and Conditions.
9. Limitation of liability9.1 You expressly acknowledge and agree that LCS shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if LCS has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Site; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and Sites resulting from any goods, data, information or Sites purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Site; (iii) unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Site; or (v) any other matter relating to the Site.
9.2 You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Site of these Terms and Conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
9.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence or fraud of LCS.
10. General Information10.1 These Terms and Conditions (including the guides and rules referred to herein) constitute the entire agreement between you and LCS and govern your use of the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and LCS. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate Sites, third-party content or third-party software.
10.2 The Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and LCS shall be governed by the laws of England. You and LCS agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
10.3 Any failure by LCS to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
10.4 If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
10.5 It is the intention of the parties that no term of this Agreement may be enforced by any person who is not a party to this Agreement (“Third Party”) notwithstanding that any such term of this Agreement may purport to confer, or may be construed as conferring, any benefit on such Third Party and irrespective of whether such Third Party is identified in this Agreement. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to any provisions of this Agreement.
10.6 The section titles in the Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
10.7 Please report any violations of the Terms and Conditions to LCS via post or e-mail at email@example.com.
11. Events and Cookery School (including private and bespoke events) and Special Offer Codes
1.1 The terms of these terms and conditions constitute a legally binding contract (“the Contract”) between you, the client, and The Limpsfield Cookery School.
2. The Course/Event/Offer
2.1 All events should be attended on a punctual basis unless prevented by occurrences which are beyond your reasonable control.2.2 You must comply with all rules and regulations issued by LCS from time to time.2.3 LCS will be entitled to change the timing and/or content of any course and to substitute any teacher at any time.
2.4 Gift vouchers purchased using special offer codes are not redeemable against private dining events at Philleigh Way. Offer codes are redeemable against course bookings when stated and purchases of gift vouchers, day course gift vouchers when stated and dining events (excluding private dining events). Day course gift vouchers which are purchased using an offer code can only be redeemed against courses.
3. Fees and refunds and client cancellation
3.1 all amounts payable must be received before commencement of the event.3.2 Cancellation of the event by you:
– Less than one week before the event – no refund or transfer.– More than one week but less than four weeks before the event – if possible the places/event will be released for sale and if re-sold LCS will issue vouchers or a transfer to another course or event of the same value within the same calendar year. An administration fee of £25 will be charged.– More than four week’s notice but less than sixteen weeks notice – LCS will transfer you to another course/event of the same value within the same calendar year or at LCS’s discretion offer gift vouchers. An administration fee of £25 will be charged.– More than sixteen weeks – LCS gives you the option of transferring your course or event at no extra charge.
3.3 Friends or family are able to attend in your place providing LCS has had details 24hrs before the event begins. As our administrative hours are Monday-Friday 9am -5.00pm this timelines applies within those hours. You will need to provide us with the names, dietary requirements & contact number of anyone attending in your place. LCS does not accept tickets which have been resold through other official ticket-selling websites.
3.4 In the event of an illness (or family illness) preventing your attendance or the attendance of the party as a whole, LCS will require documentary evidence, in order to decide, at its discretion where it can be flexible with the cancellation policy.
3.5 Tickets bought as gifts carry the same cancellation policy.
3.6 LCS will be entitled to cancel any event at any time subject to the repayment of any amounts received from you in respect of the event or the part of the event which has been cancelled.
3.7 Any deposits paid to secure a date are non-refundable and are subject to the transfer terms above.
3.8 No two special offers or discounts can be used in conjunction which each other, and tickets purchased with a discount are non refundable.
4. Your Conduct
4.1 If LCS considers that you have behaved in an unacceptable manner, LCS will be entitled to require you to leave the event.
5.1 You are advised not to bring any items of special value onto LCS premises. LCS will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.5.2 LCS will not be liable for any loss suffered by you which is indirect, special or consequential.5.3 LCS will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event which is beyond the reasonable control of LCS.
6.1 No failure or delay by LCS in enforcing any of its rights under the Contract shall be deemed to be a waiver of such right.6.2 The Contract shall be governed by English law.
8.1 You are advised to take out insurance against loss of fees through illness, personal accident or failure to attend for any reason.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
Nothing in this agreement permits the client to use the names “The Limpsfield Cookery School” or “Jacqueline Derbyshire” in any way or upon or in any advertisements media, TV programme, film, social media, radio, cd or internet or to film or record any programme upon our premises.
Nothing in this agreement implies any endorsement of your company, firm, group or association or products by The Limpsfield Cookery School and you will not expressly or impliedly state there is any such endorsement in any advertisement or in any other format.
12. LCS Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
Gift vouchers can be redeemed against dining events (excluding private dining) and cookery courses in our online shop at thelimpsfieldcookeryschool.co.uk
They may be exchanged for goods of a higher price than the face value of the voucher on payment of the difference.
If any item purchased with a voucher is subsequently exchanged for an item of a lower price or a refund, any money owing will be added to the remaining balance on the voucher.
Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-refundable.
Gift vouchers will be valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Any remaining balance will be cancelled on expiry of the validity period.
LCS reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of gift vouchers at any time. This does not affect your legal rights.